Régine Droin pointed to an interesting distinction in taste appearing this summer between the clientèle from abroad and the local one, which is understandable as the historic district in which the boutique is located is very tourist-y. The weather on the whole this summer in Paris was cool creating a psychological yearning for notes that were sunny and warm at the same time.......
In France we are far from having experienced the dog days of summer. We had a lovely month of April and since then....rain. The sun is starting to settle in but we are very far removed from any summer heat-waves.
For this reason, our customers wished for sunny notes, but which had warmth.
- The golden palm goes to "Lady Vengeance" by Juliette Has A Gun, which was a fabulous success with our foreign clientèle.
The clientèle consisting in insiders/connoisseurs, loyal patrons, or others were seduced by LUX by Mona di Orio, a perfume which is luminous with body and longevity, supported by woods (cedarwood and sandalwood) and an amber-y and musky base. It is breathtakingly beautiful! (see our review).
I do not experience this feeling of frustration for a brand. All the same, I will stop carrying Nelly Rodi in order to introduce two brands in September: Parfum d'Empire and By Killian in exclusivity with Le Printemps.
- I do not find any great originality in summer fragrances except for the one by Mona.
- The most expensive one at my boutique right now is LUX, 160 Euros for 100 ml.
- Regarding celebrities, Cérine knows more about that, but she is currently on vacation......
En France, nous sommes loin d'avoir eu la canicule, nous avons eu un joli mois d'avril et depuis, de la pluie......Le soleil commence à se poser mais nous sommes très loin des grosses chaleurs d'été.
- La palme d'or revient à "Lady Vengeance" de Juliette Has A Gun qui a eu un succès fabuleux auprès de notre clientèle étrangère.