Montale, which is a prolific house, has launched six new fragrances, three in its Aoud Collection and three in the regular line. They are Aoud Flowers, Red Aoud, Golden Aoud, Sunset Flowers, Mukhallat and Oriental Flowers.
Aoud Flowers, described as a "masculine fragrance on the edge of femininity", has notes of rose absolute, geranium flowers, gaiac wood, teak wood, bergamot, musk....
• Red Aoud is a "gourmand aoud" with notes of red pepper, saffron, cumin, iris root, Haitian vetiver, Mysore sandalwood, sweet spices.
• Golden Aoud has notes of Bulgarian rose, geranium bourbon, patchouli, leather, Jamaican capsicum pepper, aoud, saffron, teak wood, Moroccan cedar wood.
• Sunset Flowers evokes "the beauty of a Mediterranean sunset". It features notes of lemon tree leaves, green apples, blue chamomile, and Parma violet.
• Mukhallat is a soft oriental with notes of strawberries, sweet almonds, vanilla, and musk.
• Oriental Flowers is said to be an opulent and complex feminine fragrance. It has notes of rose, bergamot, ylang-ylang, iris root, jasmine, peru balsam.
All available at Aedes. Free ground shipping on orders above $50 until April 30th 2008. Enter code SPRING in the comment box.