Le Grand Prix du Parfum 2008
The 2008 edition of the French Fifi Awards saw the partnership of French fashion magazine Marie-Claire with the France-based Fragrance Foundation for the second year in a row. 10 prizes were attributed, including the "Prix de la rédaction de Marie-Claire" or Marie-Claire's own editorial prize. Two full lines of perfumes were rewarded collectively: Les Exclusifs and Notre Flore. A movie with a music score by Laurent Assoulen was also shown about the evolution of perfumery in the last 30 years (if we do get more information about this film, we will post about it later).
This year the winners are:
• The new version of Pucci Vivara, as the favorite of the Marie-Claire editorial board.
• Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle as best masculine fragrance in the selective distribution sector....
• Prada Infusion d'Iris won the award for best feminine perfume in the selective distribution or prestige sector.
• L'Occitane Notre Flore win collectively as best perfume(s) in the standalone distribution network.
• Marc Jacobs Daisy wins as best feminine perfume in the limited distribution sector.
• Narciso Rodriguez For Him wins as best masculine fragrance in the limited distribution sector, as well as best masculine packaging.
• Lalique Amethyst was elected best feminine flacon.
• Diesel Fuel for Life for Him won in the category for best communication for a masculine fragrance.
• Diesel Fuel for Life for Her received the same prize in the same category as its counterpart, but for the feminine award.
Via Marie-Claire. Special thanks to Nathalie Pichard for the information about the movie.